Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Car activities for kids

Lap Boards

Have seen some amazing DIY lapboards on Pinterest. But I don't sew beyond buttons. I do not do well with wood, foam, or extending fabric. I do not even cut a straight line. This is my version of a DIY lap board. Find A cheap magnetic baking tray (tip -- they're not all magnetic; assess first). This 9 x 13 tray cost 99 cents. Then get some markers or crayons and hot glue magnet strips on them (even glue strips may utilize that additional adhesive). Anything To keep my toddler out of falling a marker every five seconds. The Sketchpad was from the dollar bin, kids cars near me.

Magnetic Pattern Block Activities

We Already have pattern blocks, but for this trip I purchased a magnetic pair of blocks so that the children can use them in their baking sheets. I found the large pattern block activities at PreKinders. I published a transportation, snowflake, and creatures set. The kids can each set a newspaper in their board and pay it with the magnetic blocks. I also published the little set of layouts from Kelly's Kindergarten and jump them with a ring. (You will need to shrink her designs prior to printing them should you'd like them small.) My older children can recreate these pictures onto their boards.

Novels on CD

Our Number one activity on long car rides is studying. Thankfully, my Seven and Five can read on their own. However, my Four specifically doesn't have patience for long trips, and he is not prepared to read independently. I will read periodically, but it is not something I wish to perform for ten hours! That is where books on CD come in. I borrow from the library, save them in my CD holder, and book multiple copies of each book so all those big children can follow alongwith I Also known to my Best Picture Books for Kids Pinterest plank and found that a huge pile of new-to-us books to take along. (The hard part was keeping my children from reading them until the big trip!

Fairy Tale Coloring Pages

Here Are some fairy tale coloring pages which my Four, Five, and Seven will all enjoy. All these are a freebie I'm now offering to my e-mail subscribers. Learn more about these in this informative article.

1 comment:

  1. We make getting an offer to sell your broken laptop quick and easy. We'll collect it free of charge, wipe the data from your hard drive and, in many cases, pay you for it! Please get more info on laptop recycle.

    ReplyDelete